Effective: May 1, 2016
Because Operation FINALLY HOME is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, we believe it is important for you to understand how Operation FINALLY HOME collects and uses your information. If we ask you to provide certain information that can be used to identify you, it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
Operation FINALLY HOME may change this Policy when necessary to better serve you. Check back frequently to stay up-to-date with the latest changes. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any of the actions described in this Policy, discontinue your use of this website.
When We Collect Information
We collect information from you when you use our website in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Visiting pages on our website
- Submitting inquiries via our contact page
- Making an online donation
- Completing surveys
- Registering for a program or an event
- Purchasing promotional and/or auction items
- Registering to send you an email
- Registering to receive our newsletter
What We Collect When You Visit Our Website
We may collect personal and non-personal information that you choose to supply to Operation FINALLY HOME, such as the following:
- Personal information, including:
- Contact information, including name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Demographic and other information, including job title, postal code, preferences, and interests
- Financial information, such as credit card number, expiration date, security code, bank routing number, and account number
- Non-personal information, including:
- Session cookies to help you navigate through our website when you log into a password-only area
- Internet protocol (“IP”) address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.)
- Other information pertaining to our candidate program
- Cookies that help us recognize when you revisit our website
What We Do with the Information We Gather
Generally, we request and use personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation and participating in events. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience. More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis; communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions, provided you have opted in to receive such communications
- Improve our programs and services
- Customize the website according to your interests
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs; these vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing
- Share financial donor postal mailing lists with other nonprofits and third parties (however, donor email addresses are not included in the list exchanges)
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or as part of a legal process, including tax filing
- Share information (e.g., your name and address) with third parties if you make a donation in honor or memory of a third party
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we believe it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our donors, customers, or others, or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests
Your Choice to Opt Out
We provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive Operation FINALLY HOME communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by emailing Operation FINALLY HOME at email@example.com and following the instructions included in the communication, or by calling Operation FINALLY HOME at 615.732.6143.
Donations—We Care About Doing It Right
Is My Credit Card Information Secure?
To process credit card transactions, we work with third-party companies that use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. You can make financial contributions online, by mail or by calling 615.732.6143.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such websites, and this Policy does not govern such websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to opt out of having your personal information or online activities collected. Unless you have selected the “do not track” function, third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website.
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page. Information about using our logo and images is available in the media section of our website.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of our website, please write to: Operation FINALLY HOME, 1659 State Highway 46 West, Suite 115-606, New Braunfels, TX 78132.