Operation FINALLY HOME addresses the most pressing need of our returning heroes and their families – a home to call their own.
We are a national, non-profit organization with a unique network of experienced builders, suppliers, and supporters dedicated to building homes for wounded, ill or injured veterans, surviving spouses and their families. We bring together homebuilders, the military and communities to build custom mortgage-free homes for America's military heroes and the widows of the fallen, those who have worn America's uniform and sacrificed so much to defend our freedoms and values, providing a strong foundation to help them move forward with their lives. It is our honor to unite all of those who respect and value the sacrifice of America’s veterans and their families.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Molly Halliday, Senior Vice President Marketing and Project Management.
Journey to Home
Our program does not work without the passion and commitment from builders and sponsors who are dedicated to changing the life of one of America’s wounded, ill or injured heroes. The builder is the driving force in completing a project, responsible for all facets of building the home. The sponsors help alleviate some of the financial burdens and often assist with key pillar events. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Molly Halliday, Senior Vice President Marketing and Project Management.
The builder(s) in partnership with Operation FINALLY HOME will undertake all that is necessary to complete a build. The goal is to finish the project at no cost (including money raised or contributed for a special project). Each build is unique and every builder may work differently with the homeowner, subs, suppliers, and other partners and with preferred processes necessary in successfully building a custom home.
Here’s a look at our process:
- Gain commitment from builder to lead project
- Gain general understanding of plan and/or location builder has in mind
- Estimate cost per square foot.
- Identifiation and vetting
- Family Needs Assessment provided to team
- Refer to Family Needs Assessment
- Determined by builder with Operation FINALLY HOME
- Incorporate Family Needs Assessment
- If VA/SAH Grant eligible:
• Must follow VA/SAH guidelines
• Determine Minimum Property Requirements (MPRs) that can be waived by veteran
- Conduct Town Hall Meeting
- Determine how donation shortfalls will be funded
- Operation FINALLY HOME approval for any funding needs
Establish & Execute Pillar Events
- Notes of Love
- Dedication Ceremony